Kroket (croquettes) must be one of the first hot snacks one encounters when entering the Netherlands. This breaded hot snack with the gooeyest beef filling you’ll ever encounter is just as common as slices of cheese on bread over here. The Dutch will have them plain, with mustard or in a bun. Where to find them? Any Dutch style pub will serve kroketten or its smaller version, ‘bitterballen’. Or find them at any Dutch snackbar.
Since I’ve never tried making kroketten at home (as I have 3 snackbars within 5 minutes’ walk from home), for this recipe I’m sending you off to the world wide web.
- Food face it, you love it…
- Poutine, AKA all the stuff you shouldn’t eat in one dish
- Take me out to the ball game, they serve hot dogs and beer…
- Everyone wants a plate more in Singapore
- Songs featuring food sounds like music to my stomach
- Where to find Amsterdamned good…Dutch ‘eetcafé’
- Hungry search engine terms : Q & A
- Fishy Volendam
- Where to find Amsterdamned good…Italian food
- The rock ‘n’ roll diet – try some festival food!